Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Signing off ... for now

Hello fellow librarians, listservers and school colleagues 

In the words of Suzy Cato that so many of us know and love (and an earworm to set you up for the rest of the day) ... "E noho ra I'm leaving I've really got to run. So Cya cya later it's time for us to end. Cya cya later I'll be back again.  So long. Cya."

Yes that's right, after 13-odd years my time as a super-awesome primary school librarian is at an end this Friday.  I'm off to new and exciting pastures ... still working and advocating for school libraries, just from a bigger picture, and in the big smoke of Auckland.  Extremely excited, and very nervous!

Unfortunately it means I'm also having to step down from the SLANZA National Executive and my role as SLANZA President, a journey that has taught me so much and helped me meet some fantastic people, build really valuable relationships and form some amazing friendships. 

I'm really going to miss the gorgeous young students that come through Taradale Primary School, those relationships we build with them and helping create that passion for reading and life-long learning. 

But I'm not going to miss helping other amazing librarians ... 'cause that's what I'll be doing 😀 

So I am signing off the listserv temporarily, and I'll be back when I have a new email and a new stomping ground. 

Take care.  Keep up the awesome work you do promoting reading engagement and providing fantastic services to our students as school librarians.  Ka kite ano.  

Ngā mihi nui

Sandi Faulconbridge Dip ILS
Library Manager (till the end of the week) | Taradale Primary School

SLANZA President (for a while longer) | PD Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment