Sunday, August 7, 2011

A belated post ...

A belated post from me - my excuse is that I have been relaxing in sunny Rarotonga and since then have had a sad case of total information overload.

I found the ideas at the conference very stimulating both from the keynotes and the workshops as well as from the other librarians. It was great to connect with librarians not seen since the last conference as well as spending some quality time with my Northland "flockmates". Special thanks to Angela for providing transport and to my roomie Julia.

There was so much of interest at the conference. A few highlights were hearing ideas about marketing, branding and advocacy of the library. Being at the forefront of the e-book revolution when Wheelers launched their eBook Library Lending Platform and learning about how much Maori information was available through the National Library portal. Still working through all the material I received ....

Looking forward to seeing Bob Docherty again - do make the effort to see him if possible he is so enthusiastic about the books promotes it makes you want to go home and read them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment