Monday, August 8, 2011

Good Advice for Teens Using Social Media


Are you concerned about how teenagers are using social media and what they are sharing publicly? As a parent of teenagers and a person in my school with influence on them I want to promote sensible use of all these new tools and environments.

I came across this letter to teenagers over the weekend and thought it was a sound and non-threatening way to get the message across. I have just blown up to A3 size and made a display promoting it. I will also ask teachers to post a copy in classroom, especially the computer room.

Have a look at the link below and feel free to share with everyone!

The Internet never forgets. Is that what you want for your future you?

http://socialmediatoday.com/brandsprout/330622/open-letter-teens-re-social-media

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa

    This is most timely. I have posted it on the Library noticeboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, we must follow the same educationalists on Twitter! I've put it on my blog but I love the idea of printing it out for the library. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete